First Time Buyers
biggest financial decisions
Buying your first home in Ireland is one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever make. Before you decide on your new home it is important that you do your homework.
wide range of providers
There are a wide range of providers and mortgages across the market providing a vast selection of mortgages to choose from, and useful though it may be to have plenty of choice, it can leave you feeling completely daunted and confused.
takes a number of months
Buying a home takes a number of months, as there are a number of different factors that need to be taken into account. We will discuss your personal circumstances with you, such as your income, outgoings, future plans and savings.
What we offer
Mortgage and Protection advisory service
Affinity offers the complete mortgage advisory service tailored to meet our client's specific requirements
Market based and objective advice
This ensures that we can offer market based and objective advice that is not influenced in any way by how much commission is offered by product providers.
Most suitable product available
We work for you to ensure that you get the most suitable product available in the market that best meets your requirements. Our Fee Schedule and Terms of Business can be found at the bottom of this page.
There are many types of mortgages available on the market and it can be confusing to know which one is right for you. This checklist is a prerequisite for any mortgage
- Most recent EDS, your last 3 months payslips, salary completed by your employer
- Current account bank statements from the last six months, last transaction to be dated within two weeks of submission
- Saving statements for the last six months, as above
- Last annual mortgage statement
- Existing loans, last six months statements
- Current Address, Photo Identification e.g. Utility bills electric, gas etc and passport or driving license
- Application form & Lender Declaration
There are two schemes offered by the government which may be of interest to you and can assist first time buyers with the purchase of their new home.
They are the Help to Buy Scheme and The First Home Scheme.
More information is available at Revenue - Help To Buy Scheme and First Home Scheme